Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

To all self-published authors: I salute you.

  • Monday, December 2, 2013
  • Andrea

  • Let me just say that I have a new found respect for self published authors and even agents with the massive work load that they must have. Good grief, it's some serious work! Not having been through the process before now, I had always wondered why book prices were so high. I never took into account how much it cost to actually print the book, ship it to the author, then ship it to the buyer (none of that even includes what the author would make on the book). There is sooo much that goes into it! I won't even go into formatting for each book. The eBook version is way different than the print version. It's not stressful at all. :x

    I also feel for new authors who have no idea what to do with their book covers or have no one to edit their books. Fun fact #1: The cover of A Perception of Dreams is my mother's photo. Fun fact #2: My father is my editor. I have spent countless hours on the phone with both of them going over all the little details. They are such a huge part of my having the courage to put my writing into print. I've dabbled in a lot of random creative things, but had never found my niche until it came to writing. I had a lot of fun playing with Photoshop to get my book cover just right though. It only took a few days or a week (my mind is so shot that I can't remember exactly...or I blocked the trauma out) and many tutorial's online, but I figured it out ;) 

    Just so all my bases are covered, I want to make sure and re-post what I put on facebook this morning. If you aren't following me on FaceBook or Twitter, go check those pages out. There are way more updates on there than there are on here.

    ::: TOMORROW BEGINNING AT 8AM!! :::

    Amazon will be offering A Perception of Dreams (eBook version) for only .99 (86% off!) on 12/3. The price will increase by a dollar every 32 hours until it goes back to its normal price of $6.99 on 12/10. Share with your friends!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FBM3YQ4

    In other news: The VERY FIRST paperback copy should be on my doorstep in the next couple days!! For those of you planning to order a copy, I need to know how many books you are wanting to order ASAP so that I can order enough in bulk ahead of time for them to arrive on your doorsteps before Christmas. The list price is $12.99 per book not including shipping. Shipping is a flat rate of $4 for media mail. I'm working on setting up a paypal option on my website. Until then, comment below and let me know who is wanting what so that I can get an idea =) Thanks everyone ♥


    -A

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment