Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image
  • Monday, October 22, 2012
  • Andrea
  • Will you write more stories set in this world that doesn't involve the main character?

    When I first started writing the Tabitha Hale Saga it was solely meant to revolve around Tabitha, which is very evident in the first book. As I have gotten deeper into the story and become more involved in the character's lives I have had an inner pulling to tell their stories as well. Even now that I'm working on book four, I frequently have the desire to go back to book one (A Perception of Dreams) and indulge more on Emma's side of the story, but as my father says, "The important thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." In the end, I always end up listening to him and adding more to books two through four which you'll thank me for later. ;)

    Once you switch from book one to book two you can definitely tell that I take a greater interest in telling Emma's side, but I also want to make sure that I keep the main focus on Tabitha as it is still her story. I have thought of several different ideas where I could branch out and do a separate book on specific characters- and I very well may- but my current priority is finishing the THS. 

    I think one of the biggest things I love about the THS is that I have somehow managed to reveal everything as the character is figuring it out so that we learn everything as the character is. (I think part of that is because, for the longest time, I had no idea where I was going with it; rather, I just sat down and wrote so whatever the character was experiencing I was experiencing too.) I didn't want to put all the info on the table at once and overwhelm my reader, but I didn't want to leave out so much that I didn't grip them either. 

    Somehow I think I've found the perfect balance and I really have to just thank my dad for listening to my lengthy ramblings and understanding what I mean through all the crazy thrown in. I also have to thank my agent for taking a chance on me and believing in the book and Tabitha's story enough to pick it up and promote it. I have some pretty great people in my life that really helped stitch all of this together.

    -A


    If you have a question about the Tabitha Hale Saga, please feel free to shoot me a message here or leave a comment at the bottom of this post and I will incorporate it into my schedule. (Once you're on the website, click 'contact' on the upper right hand side.) Make sure you subscribe either via email or blog so you don't miss the next question!

    1 comments:

    My Dad's a King said...

    Hey! I miss you and don't know how to get ahold of you b/c my phone has been lost and/or destroyed for the bagillionth time! Do you have my e-mail or my kindle number?

    Post a Comment