Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image
  • Monday, August 13, 2012
  • Andrea
  • Thanks to all the wonderful people at Goodreads, I now have not only an author profile, but also one for my book! You can become a fan, follow my updates, and add A Perception of Dreams right to your reading list! Here is my author page and here is the page for APOD. Also, if you look on the right hand side of my blog, just under the about me, you'll see my fancy Goodreads button. I've already clicked it twice. I'm so excited =)

    Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?

    Actually, it's a little of both. A good portion of the story has come from my imagination, but there are many places where I insert things from my own life. Whether it be in a conversation, a certain situation, or a minor detailing, there is a little bit of 'me' in all of it. For example, in chapter two there is a scene where Tabitha is knitting to relax after a long day. As she hears knocking at the door, she places the project into a 'multi-colored bag'. The bag I have in mind was actually my grandmother's. She always had that bag full of every color of yarn and an assortment of needles. After she passed away, I found out that she wanted me to have that bag, making it very special to me. We spent many hours in her seventies orange rocking chair as she taught me to knit.

    In answer to the question though, it's little things like that which I throw in not because I expect the reader to focus on the minor details, but because it means something to me. It's pretty neat going back through all the books and picking out all of the hidden treasures I've snuck in over the years.

    -A

    If you have a question about the Tabitha Hale Saga, please feel free to shoot me a message here or leave a comment at the bottom of this post and I will incorporate it into my daily schedule. (Once you're on the website, click 'contact' on the upper right hand side.) Make sure you subscribe either via email or blog so you don't miss tomorrow's question!

    2 comments:

    lindsey said...

    Congrats great author page!! I have become a fan!! :D

    Andrea said...

    Thanks, Lindsey! Following you back! =D

    Post a Comment